Monday, June 18, 2007

Update



Sorry it has taken me so long to post- Where to begin! What started out as a good weekend but it did not end on the same note! Last week was just plain busy, I had no daycare and the kids had swimming lessons, and I tried to squeeze work in the middle of it all! I was looking forward to a nice quiet night away camping! I was excited that my sister and her kids were going to come with us along with some other friends. It was the most beautiful place I have ever camped. I do plan on going back sometime soon! If you would like to see details on the camping trip and some pics please look at my sisters blog.
As most of you know our VW bus broke down after we left our camping spot. We got it towed to some random auto shop. They did call us today- it's the starter and it's only going to be $ 515.00. Ya not a big deal, I have that kinda cash laying around. JK. That just stinks! You would think it would be cheaper, but I guess that is a VW for you!
After returning from the broken down fiasco we came home and showered and were getting ready to eat dinner and our dog Aloha bit Carson the face. I was in the shower and Madison came running up stairs and said you need to come down right now, Daddy needs you and Carson's face is bleeding, Aloha bite him. I came running down (dripping everywhere) and John had Carson over the sink he said, "help I can not tell where he is bleeding!" I got a paper towel and wiped his face and while I was wiping his face his nostril separated. Okay, we are on our way to the emergency room!! I threw on some clothes and left he house dripping! Thanks to Bart (Wendy's husband) and his words of advise -we asked a plastic sergeon to be called in to stitch his nose. I was glad when the ER doctor said that would not be a problem to call the on- call Plastic surgeon . We had to wait for a few hours for him to show up but I believe it was worth the wait. Carson was not phased by the situation- he still loves dogs, and do not believe he was ever in real pain, mostly scared by our reaction. He ended up getting 3 stitches. I think the hardest part not is trying to keep his nose of the sun, I have bought several different kinds of bandades, so far he is letting me put them on when he goes out side. The doctor said we have to wait and see how it heals, there may be a possibility that he may need plastic surgery in the future but we have to wait and see. I am doing every thing they told me to do!! We are very thankful the it was not worse! The dog is no longer here. Which is a whole other crisis with Madison she misses her very much. She is already asking when we are going to get a puppy that she will teach not to bite. We will wait until life settles down a little bit before we think about another dog! Will that happen? Just when you think sometimes things could not get worse- aha some times they do! Life I believe is like an ocean, waves come in and and knock you down but it is so beautiful you need to keep enjoying it!

Thank you all for your thought and prayers and for all your kind comments. Here are some pics of Carson I will post some of the camping trip later.

9 comments:

Denise said...

Oh, that sweet little face! He's beautiful - boo boo and all. I am sorry for all that happened including having your dog leave. I will keep you all in my prayers especially as you work hard to follow all the doctor's instructions and keeping Carson out of the sun (which I understand is hard to do with him). Keep us posted! Prayers coming your way!!!

Susie PSU said...

Poor little thing...good luck keeping the band-aid on the nose. I feel for you having to get rid of the dog. It stinks.
Hang in there!

Wendy said...

Glad the little guy did good for you today. We will have to go again sometime, if John is up to it?? Maybe we will stay the whole weekend.

Denise Travis said...

Stacy...I just read about this on Wendy's blog! I can't believe it! Your son is quite the trooper! His pictures makes me think that he may one day see this as a great battle wound!

the other denise

Just the two of us said...

Don't worry big guy, I have had a few stitches myself and I am still quite the looker. LOL...

my4kids said...

Oh he is so sweet! Even with his stitches! Kenzie had stitches in her lip when she was a little younger then he was. Hopefully he will heal just fine and not have to worry about it.

Shana-Lynn said...

Poor Carson, what a trooper. So sorry you had to remove the dog, that must be terribly hard on everyone.

Also, sorry to hear about your VW! I know your pain all too well.

Kimberly said...

Poor fella...I just read about the whole thing on your sister's blog...but I have to admit that the bite looks better than what I was imagining...I hope he mades a speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

I was so sorry to read about Carson on your sister's blog. He's in our prayers!!