Sunday, June 10, 2007

Camping was a blast!









We had a great time camping and plan to do it a lot more this summer. The kids loved it and did great! We found a great spot and parked the bus and set up camp. We had hot dogs for dinner and had smores for dessert! We had a raccoon visit our camp site while we were sleeping, he actually opened our cooler and helped himself to a late night snack of marshmallows! We woke up to marshmallows all over and raccoon foot prints on the cars! We had some breakfast, tried to catch some fish and hung out. After packing up the site we went and found a spot for the kids to play in the River. It was cold, but they wanted to go swimming. The bus slept all 5 of us great! We had also brought 2 tents, Madison and Tyson used them as play rooms. They actually wanted to sleep in them, no fear. John and I convinced them to sleep with us in the bus and told them maybe next time they could sleep in the tents. Getting away is great! My best memories of childhood are camping and I would love my children to have some also!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Cool bus! Looks like you guys had fun.

Great fire picture!

my4kids said...

Looks like a fun trip. I really want to take the kids camping this summer but not sure if I will be able to without Kelly here. A friend of mine and I are talking about it but we wil have to see.

Wendy said...

Looks like fun! I can't wait to go with you!!

Denise Travis said...

Stacy, you are a true Mom!! I hate camping! Although...the way you do it sounds like fun! I laughed out loud about the raccoon. Remind me to tell you our camping encounter with a possum in New Zealand! =)