Monday, May 21, 2007

A SPECIAL WISH




Saturday night we went to White Fence Farm to celebrate me sisters 30th birthday. We had a great time at the restaurant, they serve the meals family style. Great fried chicken! There is lots of fun things for the kids there. You can feed a pig, sheep and chickens . With a big indoor slide. Drawn carriage ride. Cool country store to shop in with lots of old fashion candy. After dinner we were blessed to have grandparents watch the kids and we went downtown and did a little bowling! John and me and Wendy and Bart. ( I beat them all in the 2 games we bowled:) We had a blast!! I know Wendy is having a hard time turning 30 tomorrow. I want her to know that I see this birthday as a blessing! I have been able to spend the last 30 years laughing, crying and sharing great moments with her. She is my best friend, and I love her very much. Thank you for always being there for me! There is nothing in the world like a sister. Here is a poem for you....

My Bestfriend© By Lola A. Buonomo

Our friendship is an ocean, stretching
Far and wide
Never ending-
Filled with memories-
That last a lifetime

You've always known
Just what to say

You were always there,
When I needed you the most

When I needed-
A shoulder to cry on
Yours was always waiting

When I needed-
Someone to talk to
You were there
Just listening

When I needed-
Someone to hug
Your arms were
Doors wide open to me

Our friendship's
Just like the
Stars-
Both go beyond
Man's reach

All of the giggles we shared

Let the salty taste of tears
Run down our cheeks

All the Laughs,
The smiles,
The hugs,
The inside jokes,
The hours online,
And
The eighty minute phone calls

Just because

You were the sister that
God gave to me.


Happy birthday Wendy. I love you very much! Can't wait to see what the next 30 years bring!

8 comments:

Janice said...

Hi, Stacy! I stopped over from Wendy's blog. YOu and your sister are so lucky to have each other. I love the poem you posted for her. I'll make sure to stop by again to say hi! :-)

Dave Richards said...

That's a lovely poem...and looks like you like you guys had a great time...and well birthdays are always special days for us...and you can also visit my blog on Birthday Greetings sometime and check out all that i've posted there!!!

Wendy said...

I LOVE YOU TOO!!! XOXOX You are the best sister in the world. Seriously, I can't imagine my life without you! YOu are my best friend, and I love you!!

Kristen said...

Well, that sucks...I have no sister. You're lucky.

Susie PSU said...

I love your blog with the dandelion in the bowl. Makes me think.
You two are very lucky to have each other. Stacy, I expect wonderful, FREQUENT blogging!!

my4kids said...

You are a great sister. I have a sister I wish she did things like that for me.

ChrisB said...

Hi I just came over via Wendy and I enjoyed your blog. Hope you have lots of blogging fun.

Shana-Lynn said...

What a wonderful post. You two are so lucky to have each other!