Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Cones and Brownies




Today Madison started Girl Scouts, she is a brownie! She loved it! They meet 2 Tuesdays a month. Soon they are going on a trip to the pumpkin patch and during Christmas they go caroling. I think it is great what they teach the girls and how to help in their community, so I am really excited for her. There are 26 girls in her troop. She knows a hand full of them from her class, I also trying to talk her cousin (Julia) into joining, I think they would have so much fun together.

Marley got neutered and had his dew claws removed last Tuesday. We went back into the vet on Saturday to get his bandages re rapped, he had a stitch come out so they had to out a staple in his foot. I had to go back in again today, the staple had come out again, so once again he got another staple. They asked me if he was active. Ummm he is a 13 week old puppy... what do you think! So his is rather bummed theat he has to wear the cone for another 5 whole days. I am almost as bummed as him, he is constantly running into the back of your legs, he can't go for walks easily, and he can not hear a thing unless you speak into the cone. I could go on. So here is the pathetic pup with the cone. He is now referred to as "cone head". Poor boy.Please see the post below for pictures of our Atlanta trip!! I know 2 post in one day!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

WOW! Marley looks soooo sad. That cone is huge. I would bump into legs too!! Maddy looks adorable and very happy with her little vest on! Way to go Maddy. Now we have to hit up Uncle Bart to let Julia join!!

Kila said...

Aww, poor pooch! I hope he heals quickly!

Have fun with Brownies!

my4kids said...

Wow he's gotten big since that last picture! Poor little conehead. Our cat had to wear one of those once and spent the first hour trying to run backwards to get out of it, it was both sad and hysterical at the same time and he kept running into walls.
Madison and Kenzie both started Girl Scouts this year also they are both Brownies also but I still need to buy their vests.

Susie PSU said...

What a beautiful puppy!! And being a brownie was a lot of fun. 31 years ago...LOL. She'll LOVE it.

Kristen said...

oh, he's so cute. We called Brandee cone head when she had to wear hers also. It hurt so bad when she was constantly running into our legs! Our vet said she needed to be ummm...5 months before she could get spayed. I guess you have to wait longer for girls, I don't know. But, anyway, she was bigger and stronger with that cone thing on her head!

I think Julia would have a blast in Brownies!

Anonymous said...

Poor puppy! He will get through it! I feel bad, but I kind of chuckled at the thought of him running into things. Is that mean?