Wednesday, October 3, 2007

T.K.


Life is good, things are going as you want them to be. You are going through life and all of a sudden you are stopped dead in your tracks. Your breath is taken away. This has just happened to me. Sunday the 23rd of September a dear friend of mine past away. It is just such a crazy thought that one day some one is here and the next day their not and never will be. You just never know when you say good bye to some one that it may be the last time you every talk to them.
It is just hard, he was one of my few good friends. I work out of the home and I am busy with the kids, I do not meet very many people. I have several great acquaintance's and my best friends are my family. But there is something to be said for the best friends you have outside the family who you get you, support you and are there for you. This was him.... T.K. Life goes on and you have great memories, it's just hard. My Tribute to Tom-
October 2, 2007
Heaven must have needed a special angel cause they now have you.

I can not tell you how many times I have attempted to sign the guest book for my dear friend T.K. Signing this to me seems so final. I have learned so much from him. To never be afraid to follow your dreams, to push yourself to achieve goals you have, life is fun, to always laugh out loud!! He taught me it is o.k. to hurt and your heart will heal and most of all, life does goes on after you have lost some one you love.
I had so many more conversations to have with you, so many words unspoken, so many laughs not laughed. I will forever remember the hours we would ride around in your car with the music up as loud as it could go and we would be singing at the top of our lungs, we would grab anything we could find in the car and that could be used a microphone. We just had fun being together. He was a big support in my life. I will always remember T.K. He is living inside my heart now. I am so blessed you were in my life, I cherish every memory I had with you. This world will not be the same with out you here. I love you. I will not say good-bye..... I will talk to you in the hours ahead.


Here is his Obituary.

Thomas Edward Kamb

Thomas Edward Kamb Resident of Richmond Thomas Edward Kamb passed away on Sunday, September 23, 2007, at Kaiser Hospital in Walnut Creek, CA. He was born in Martinez, CA on November 5, 1964. He attended Mira Vista and Sheldon Elementary Schools, Juan Crespi Junior High School and graduated from De Anza High School in 1983. He participated on the Tennis team and was active on the school Journalism staff. Tom loved music and while in Jr. and Sr. High School he performed as a DJ for groups in and out of school. During his early years as a member of the El Sobrante United Methodist Youth Group he participated in skits and was the drummer for the Joyful Noise Jazz Band. He also loved to sit at the organ at home and play by ear. He was always happy and upbeat with family and friends, being uncle to Kalene and Cameron were of particular joy to him. His health was always important with no bad habits, working hard and by staying physically fit. He did this by working our at Lakeridge Athletic Club playing racket ball, tennis, swimming, lifting weights and running on the treadmill. He lived by a code right is right and wrong is wrong. Tom lived over 36 of his 42 years in Richmond (El Sobrante). His last 6 years here in El Sobrante. He was Tom (Jack) of all trades with the following ventures: Richmond Police Canine Officer with Falko, Pinole Police Officer, Hercules Reserve Police Officer, KSFO Talk Radio, Denver, Colorado Talk Radio, KLIF 570 Talk Radio in Dallas, TX, Partner in a Subway at Hilltop, Owner of the Pizza Connection in El Sobrante, Loan Officer for Greater Bay Funding, and most recently as a Police Officer for the Solano Community College in Fairfield, CA. He loved this position where he could use all of his experience and talents in a combined effort to promote a positive and safe environment for the students, staff, visitors and faculty on the Solano Community College campuses. He had great pride in providing this service and was greatly appreciated by students, maintenance staff, cafeteria staff, library, book store, administrative staff, the faculty and his fellow officers. He graduated from, the Los Medanos Police Academy and Napa Community College Police Academy. He was a past member of the Pinole Rotary Service Club. His long term goal was to be Sheriff of Contra Costa County. He was interested in the political arena comprising West County and had been a candidate for West Contra Costa School District Board. Tom will be deeply missed by all who knew him and especially by mother and father, Ronald and Margaret Kamb of Richmond, brother, Dr. Carl Kamb of Los Angeles, sister and brother in law David and Nancy Sanders, niece Kalene Sanders, nephew Cameron Sanders of Lafayette. Relatives on his mothers side, uncle and aunt, Dick and Catherine Wynn of Napa, cousins Ed Wynn and Karen Wittington, aunt Joan Wynn of Winters, cousins Kathy, Debbie, Carol and Virginia. Relatives on fathers side, aunt, Beverly Bagwell of El Sobrante, cousins Tim Bagwell and Richard Bagwell, fathers uncle, Vern and Millie Lindner and aunt Erna Kamb. Many cousins and extended families will have great memories of Tom. A Celebration of Life will be held at the El Sobrante United Methodist Church, 670 Appian Way, El Sobrante, CA 94803 on Friday, September 28, 2007, at 5:00 p.m. In lieu of flowers donations in memory of Tom could be made to his favorite charities: Concern of Police Survivors - www.nationalcops.org Gateway for Cancer Research - www.gatewayforcancerreasearch.org San Francisco Aids Foundation - www.SFAF.org And - www.lyric.org Family will deliver some ashes to his favorite spots that were special and a joy to his life. The family appreciates all the prayers and special thoughts expressed by everyone. WE LOVE YOU TOM. Smith & Witter 510-758-5466
Published in the Contra Costa Times from 9/25/2007 - 9/27/2007

5 comments:

Denise said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. T.K. sounds like a great man and clearly he was a good friend to many. It is really sad to lose people and then also scary when it's someone our age. Makes you realize every day is a gift from God and we need to treasure it. Sending you a blog hug!!

my4kids said...

I'm sorry to hear you lost such a dear friend. It brought tears to my eyes. He seems like he was really a great person...

Anonymous said...

I am SO sorry to read about your loss. Your post brought tears to my eyes and you and T.K.'s family will be in my prayers.

Wendy said...

I am sorry it hurts right now. I love you. I know you will never forget him. Chin up young one.

Anonymous said...

Can someone please tell me what happened. I have been trying to contact Tom for several months. I just googled his name to see if he showed up and found this today. I am devastated.
Tom and I worked in real estate. He did loans and I had referred several buyers to him for loans.
He was such a neat guy. I am in shock right now.
TerryO