Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Puppy = NO Sleep

Not to much to write about... a puppy is like a new born! The first two nights I was up every hour and some of those time he wanted to play! Finally last night I put him in the basement in his crate and woke up and let him out. I feel a lot better today, cause I got to wake up when I wanted and he did not bark or moan to wake me up! I had to shut the bedroom door and put on all the fans to drown the noise out. He did not pee in the crate and he was quite every time I got up to let him out. I did wake up 4 times last night to let him out. I have really been trying to train him the right way! I have read lots of literature, it is a little hard cause I just want to cuddle with him in bed! I am hoping by following the rules I will have a wonderful dog.

Madison lost another tooth today- now she is up to 6. It is no big thing now although she is going to be the first kid in her class to lose a tooth, that's kinda cool! Tomorrow she has a teddy bear picnic in the park with her class, the park is right across the street from home so I will go and join her and her class for that! It should be fun!

Tyson is in swimming lessons for 2 weeks, he has been loving it! It has been so hot here he does not mind cooling off in the water.

Carson has been going to daycare for 3 weeks now and loves be able to play with other kids and learn new things from them. I think he was getting a little bored at home with just me- so I am happy for him. He is a real out going little guy!

I will leave you with 2 pictures I took up at the mountains earlier this month. One is a Columbine the Colorado state flower and the other is mountain paintbrush.


7 comments:

Kristen said...

ooohhh, pretty flower pictures.

Feel ya on the dog thing. I went through the same thing. But, it's worth it. She's such a great dog now. She still wakes up early some days, but she's worth it.

Anonymous said...

Very lovely pictures. So are you going to go private like your sis?

my4kids said...

Puppies are like newborns. Good luck on the sleep!

My Madison is missing 6 teeth right now and they started coming out last november. She is just starting to get some of them in!

Denise Travis said...

Your new puppy is TOO cute!! You'll have him trained before you know it! The good thing is that puppies potty train faster than kids!

Wendy said...

Still no teeth gone on this homefront. Grrr. Loved the flower pics. Very pretty. Talk to you later. Love you.

Kila said...

Congrats to Madison! Losing a tooth is a big deal!

My youngest is like your youngest--very outgoing and LOVES being at daycare with other kids (his older brothers wouldn't have liked itas much).

We've had a couple 2-week sessions of swimming also. The bad news is that my middle son caught up to my oldest son and they are now at the same level. Oldest son does NOT think this is cool, LOL.

Kristen said...

Umm...I guess you're getting no sleep, so you can't blog...