Sunday, August 12, 2007

Same Old Same Old!


Well so much for me being right back! I just have not had a lot go on that is worth all your time reading.

We did go camping last weekend. I rained the whole way up there and the right as we pulled into the campsite it stopped and never started again! Yeah. WE had a great time and just hung around the campfire. There was a stream right beside us, so that kept the kids entertained. Madison found a marble laying by some rocks in the stream so we went marble fishing- we caught 27 marbles!!! I guess that kinda took the place of fishing.

Tyson and Carson have been home with me all week. They had no daycare. I feel back I wanted to do something really special with the 2 boys this week and it never happened! I was busy with work and had several appointments this week. On top of it all Carson new saying is "I don't want to hear it anymore!" Wonder where he got that from. Them being 3 and 2 they are always telling on each other and fighting. Do not get me wrong they can play well together and when they do it's awesome, but I think they fight more than they play. Hopefully that is just for awhile! They both do not understand the joys of sharing yet.

Madison has been busy in school. She is busy with the reading and writing. She tells me it is work- and her hand gets tired from writing all the time. I am sure it is a lot different than Kindergarten! It is amazing to me the drama that goes on in first grade. She has a friend Hannah. One day they are best friends and the next they are not. Madison says Hannah has new best friends. One week she will go to Hannah's house and have a play date, the next day they are no longer best friends. And so on and so on. I have to hold myself back from being one of those mothers that wants to have a talk with Hannah's mom saying "tell your daughter not to be so mean!" I wont though.

Wendy and me went to a movie last night. About Jane. The movie was good. Kinda long. But the romance.... oh the romance... We concluded after the movie romance like that is only in the movies, and we need to get our fix by watching them! I really think I should have lived in the 1800's. I love that era and how simply complex life was back then. Not to mention how people had to fight for the rights and the love of their lives. ..

Now I am getting ready to go to Johns mom house and go swimming for awhile and then grab a bite to eat. It is supposed to be a hot one out there today, 94 degrees and out air conditioner went out on Friday. Yesterday it was a cool 85 degrees INSIDE our house. I am not a heart fan! I was down right miserable and almost weepy over the whole thing. I would have posted yesterday, but way to hot!

The picture on top was taken at the park on Friday. We had a BBQ and just hung around outside with my mom and Terry. Wendy and her kids came. Great way to end the week! Hope you are all doing well. I am sorry I have not checked into your blogs as often. I have been really busy with work and life! I will try to be better! Thanks for hanging in there!

8 comments:

MSuparat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MSuparat said...

Marble fishing...that's awesome!
I can completely relate about Tyson and Carson. Ben and Jack are the same way sometimes, since they are under a year apart. Although, I must admit it's gotten a ton better this year!
But ugh, that sucks about the air conditioning! Stay cool this week!

Susie PSU said...

It was good to finally hear from you!

Kila said...

Camping sounds fun. It's crazy, but we have never gone camping with our boys, though we used to go before having kids! Mostly it's due to my DH's odd work schedule.

My boys also fight more than they play.

Poor Madison. Yes, girls are full of drama. At least boys get over things fast. With boys, one minute they are fighting, and the next minute they are friends, but girls can be so mean!

I agree with you about wishing I had lived in the 1800's. Life today is too complicated. I wonder how many kids I would have had ;)

Anonymous said...

Finally a new post! :) I love the relationship you and Wendy have....I always wanted a sister and am totally jealous! Hopefully if our second child is a girl Evie will get along with her as well as you two.

Wendy said...

Yeah, you should hear the stories Julia comes home with. It's the stuff that happened in middle school that is now happening in Kindergarten and 1st grade. Anyways, glad you got the A/C fixed. Love ya!!

Kristen said...

marble hunting sounds fun.

How's the pup?

my4kids said...

We don't have an air conditioner in our house so we spent most of the summer right around 85 inside!
My boys have faught since they were pretty little since they are close in age probably as well.